Rosary Cross BraceletRegular price $330.00
For the devoted, our Rosary Cross Bracelet is ornate yet functional. The one-decade rosary consists of ten “Hail Mary” beads, an “Our Father” tambourine (also called the Amami), and a cross pendant.
Handcrafted in gold filigree, a meticulous and rare technique perfected by the plateros of Ilocos Sur. Each bead is so intricately designed, it takes over a week for artisans to complete just one bracelet!
The artistry of gold filigree craftsmanship has been practiced by native plateros for centuries. The platero begins by melting blocks of gold or silver, repeatedly hammering and cooling them until they become fine and delicate threads. The threads are carefully shaped by hand into "kalado" or lace-like patterns inspired by nature. To craft more intricate pieces, the platero individually welds small drops together to form beautiful heirlooms.
This is a pre-order item that will be handmade by Filipino artisans just for you. Expect about 10 weeks before you receive the item. Make sure to mention your wedding date in the notes when you order to ensure we can deliver on time.
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Ilocos using the rare art of gold filigree, a pre-Hispanic indigenous technique
- Available in Pure silver dipped in 24-karat gold, or Silver
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colours will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- For better preservation, reduce exposure to sweat and perfume and store within an air tight container
- Dimensions: Length 18.5cm
- AMAMI is a social enterprise that works to revive endangered Filipino jewelry traditions while empowering and providing local artisans with sustainable livelihoods
- Nickel-free and lead-free, suitable for sensitive skin