Bernie CufflinksRegular price $178.00
Embody Filipino elegance in every detail, down to the cuff of your sleeves. At every glance, our Bernie Cufflinks reveal more to admire in its intricate pattern: symmetry, precise beadwork, and kalado (lace-like) motifs. All perfected by hand.
Gold filigree is a meticulous and rare technique mastered by the plateros of Ilocos Sur.
The artistry of gold filigree craftsmanship has been practiced by native plateros for centuries. The platero begins by melting blocks of gold or silver, repeatedly hammering and cooling them until they become fine and delicate threads. The threads are carefully shaped by hand into kalado inspired by nature. To craft more intricate pieces, the platero individually welds small drops together to form beautiful heirlooms.
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Ilocos using the rare art of gold filigree, a pre-Hispanic indigenous technique
- Pure silver dipped in 24-karat gold
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colours will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- For better preservation, reduce exposure to sweat and store within an air tight container
- AMAMI is a social enterprise that works to revive endangered Filipino jewelry traditions while empowering and providing local artisans with sustainable livelihoods.