Pearl Tambourine BraceletRegular price $269.00
The Pearl Tambourine Bracelet is a piece for the ages. Featuring a series of lacelike tambours (gold-crafted pendants), the bracelet is the epitome of fine craftsmanship, Filipino talent, and grace.
Handcrafted in gold filigree, a meticulous and rare technique perfected by the plateros of Ilocos Sur, every heirloom carries the proud story of our pre-colonial heritage and of fine Filipino craftsmanship. It takes multiple days to craft a single bracelet.
The artistry of gold filigree craftsmanship has been practiced by native plateros for centuries. The platero begins by melting blocks of gold or silver, repeatedly hammering and cooling them until they become fine and delicate threads. The threads are carefully shaped by hand into "kalado" or lace-like patterns inspired by nature. To craft more intricate pieces, the platero individually welds small drops together to form beautiful heirlooms.
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Ilocos using the rare art of gold filigree, a pre-Hispanic indigenous technique
- Made of 985 pure silver dipped in 24-karat gold
- Fresh Water Pearls from Halu Island
- Authentic pearls have natural imperfections which add to the individuality and unique story of each piece.
- 19.5cm length from end to end (fits bracelet size 6 to 8)
- Lightweight design, comfortable to wear
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colours will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- For better preservation, reduce exposure to sweat and perfume and store within an air tight container
- Nickel-free and lead-free, suitable for sensitive skin
- AMAMI is a social enterprise that works to revive endangered Filipino jewelry traditions while empowering and providing local artisans with sustainable livelihoods