Ana Relikaryo Cocktail RingRegular price $260.00
Our Ana Ring celebrates the rich and complex heritage of the Philippines. Handcrafted in gold filigree, an ornate and meticulous technique perfected by the plateros of Ilocos Sur.
The artistry of gold filigree craftsmanship has been practiced by native plateros for centuries. The platero begins by melting blocks of gold or silver, repeatedly hammering and cooling them until they become fine and delicate threads. The threads are carefully shaped by hand into "kalado" or lace-like patterns inspired by nature. To craft more intricate pieces, the platero individually welds small drops together to form beautiful heirlooms.
As this ring is handcrafted, each single piece is unique and slight variations from photos may occur
This is a pre-order item that will be handmade by Filipino artisans just for you. Expect about 10 weeks before you receive the item. Make sure to mention your wedding date in the notes when you order to ensure we can deliver on time.
As this is made-to-order, you are responsible for having your ring size measured as we cannot offer refunds, returns or resizing. We follow US/Canada standard for ring sizes. More information on sizing is available here.
- Handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Ilocos using the rare art of gold filigree, a pre-Hispanic indigenous technique
- Width/Height: 3.3cm
- Pure silver dipped in 24-karat gold
- Intended as heirloom pieces, colours will tarnish over time to develop a more antique look
- For better preservation, reduce exposure to sweat and store within an air tight container
- AMAMI is a social enterprise that works to revive endangered Filipino jewelry traditions while empowering and providing local artisans with sustainable livelihoods